Resources to Use - Databases
Here are two helpful databases to use when researching for your presentation:
Hint: The username and password are the six-letter abbreviation for the school.
- Don't forget helpful features such as Advanced Search, Filters, Limit, and Sort by.
Download the following document for project guidelines:
Resources Recommended by Ms. Davis
- Culture Grams - The Americas published by ProQuest (REF 390 CUL Vol. 1)
- The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2013 published by Facts on File (032.02 WOR 2013)
- The CIA World Fact Book published by the CIA (REF 910 CIA)
- Encyclopedia of Latin America edited by J. Michael Francis (REF 980 ENC Vol.1-4)
- Databases: Facts on File - World Geography and Culture Online
- Major News Media: foreign sources!
- Websites – reputable sources, NO blogs, opinion -- please check if you are in doubt.
Check out the following resources to better evaluate websites:
Train your eye and your fingers to employ a series of techniques that help you quickly find what you need to know about web pages; train your mind to think critically, even suspiciously, by asking a series of questions that will help you decide how much a web page is to be trusted.