Download the following document for project description and guidelines:
Recommended - Web Resources
Resources to Use - Online Library Catalog (Destiny)
- Fun features - shelf browse, advanced search, and citation creator.
- Remember to use your keywords! Be both creative and specific.
- This is history - remember the 900's are a great place to search (reference, DVDs, and non-fiction)!
Recommended - Databases
Here are two helpful databases to use when researching your project:
Hint: The username and password for each of these databases is the five number address of the school - look it up on the school website if you don't know it!.
- Think outside the box - look beyond the search box for tabs that might help narrow down what you're looking for!
- Remember to try search terms relating to all sides of the issue - the history of the act, the names of those people involved with writing/proposing the act, keywords relating to the bill ("marijuana", "retirement age", etc.)
- Try out Advanced Search! Looking for an exact phrase can be helpful in narrowing down the results for the specific act you're searching for.
Debating Tips and Tricks
Ever debated an issue? Here are a few tips and tricks to making your point and persuading your audience!
How can I help?