In the event that the portal goes down and/or you lose your assignment:
- 1. American Catholic History Project - Catholic Missionaries in the New World
- 2. American Catholic History Project - Catholics in English Colonies
- 3. American Catholic History Project - American Version of Roman Catholicism
- 4. American Catholic History Project - Immigrant Church
- 5. American Catholic History - Catholics of Color
- 6. American Catholic History Project - Ghetto Catholicism
- 7. American Catholic History Project - The Emergence of Catholic Schools
- 8. American Catholic History Project - The Labor Movement
- 9. American Catholic History Project - Early Civil Rights
Need a way to record?
Don't have an easy way to record movies for your project? Come to the library and take out a Flip video camera! Easy to record, simple to connect - sign one out today!
Resources to Use - Databases
Here are a few helpful databases to use when researching for your papers and presentation:
- Expanding the side menus are very helpful (think: At-a-glance, People and Culture, Religions)
- Tabs and drop-down menus will help specify what you're looking for!
- For JSTOR, it is probably most helpful to do an Advanced Search - remember to think outside of the box and use your keywords!
Password Hint for JSTOR (Remote Access):
Password Hint for World Geography and Culture Online and World Religions Online (Remote Access):
Both the username and password are the six letter abbreviation for the school.
Map - Assignment
How can I help?
Go to THIS SITE!
A great resource recommended by your teacher!
Summary: "[This site is an online exhibit which] contains links to digitzed primary source documents and photos, as well as annotations and other resources for teaching American History from a Catholic Perspective."
Helpful Web Sites for Creating Citations
Cite your images!
Remember: If it's not your work, you've got to cite it! See above for a listing and links of some helpful citation websites.