Resources to Use - Online Library Catalog (Destiny)
Resources to Use - Databases
Here are two helpful databases to use when researching for your presentation:
Hint: The username and password are the five-digit address of the school.
- Don't forget helpful features such as Advanced Search, Filters, Limit, and Sort by.
Resources Recommended by Mr. Bache
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Catholic Social Teaching Documents (www.osjspm.org & www.usccb.org)
- Class Handouts & Readings
- Theology Periodicals (in Media Center or available on-line) Commonweal, America, U.S. Catholic, NCR
- Databases: Gale's Opposing Viewpoints and Gale Student Resources in Context
- Major News Media: Time, Washington Post, New York Times, etc.
- Websites – reputable, academic sources, NO blogs, opinion -- please check if you are in doubt.
Check out the following resources to better evaluate websites:
Train your eye and your fingers to employ a series of techniques that help you quickly find what you need to know about web pages; train your mind to think critically, even suspiciously, by asking a series of questions that will help you decide how much a web page is to be trusted.