Project Assignment - Guidelines
In the event that the portal goes down and/or you lose your assignment:
- You will NOT be allowed to use Wikipedia as a source for this project.
- Why can't you use Wikipedia as a source for this project? Check out these sources for a bit more information:
- Remember: Wikipedia is just "wikiality" - reality as decided by majority rule. Do you trust classmates/younger siblings/random people to be experts?
Resources to Use - Databases
Here are a few helpful databases to use when researching for your presentation:
Hint: For World Religions Online, World Geography and Culture Online, and Britannica, the username and password are the six-letter abbreviation for the school. For Global Issues in Context, the password is the five-digit address of the school (look it up on the GC homepage if you don't know it!).
- Don't forget helpful features such as Advanced Search, Filters, Limit, and Sort by.
- Instead of looking through the physical copy of The Encyclopedia of Religion, go to Gale's Virtual Reference Library to search our e-copy!
Helpful Resources for Creating Citations
MLA - Presentation
Check out this presentation for a refresher on how to cite sources on your Works Cited page and within your paper -
How can I help?
Resources Reminder - From Mrs. Tydings
Do not forget that you must use at LEAST:
- TWO Current Events articles
- From reputable media sources (databases or mainstream journalist organizations, i.e. Newsweek, Time, New York Times, Washington Post)
- ONE Encyclopedia page
- Annotate each article (underline, highlight and write notes as they are reading it)
- DO NOT use blogs or commentary as sources