Resources to Use - Online Library Catalog (Destiny)
Here are a few helpful databases to use when researching for your presentation:
The usernames and passwords for:
- JSTOR - Username: GCStudent1 - The password is the six-letter abbreviation for the school
- Britannica Online - Six-letter abbreviation for the school
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia - Six-letter abbreviation for the school
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Five-number street address of the school
- Don't forget helpful features such as Advanced Search, Filters, Limit, and Sort by.
Download the following document for project guidelines:
Resources Recommended by Ms. Friedgen
- The Puppet Theatre of Japan -
- The Puppetry Home Page -
- Japan Fact Sheet -
- Japan-Guide -
- UNESCO -
- Bunraku Videos -
Reliable Image Source
How to Cite in a Presentation (MLA)
Not sure how to do MLA-appropriate citations of images within your presentation?
Check out this presentation for a how-to!
How can I help?
Helpful Sites for Creating Citations
Provides helpful guides for writing papers in MLA format and contains information for creating bibliographies in a variety of disciplines and formats.
Don't forget Noodletools! You can start a new project to keep everything in one place. Ask Ms. Davis how to use it and how to sign up for a new username.
Ms. Friedgen has set aside a bunch of great book resources for you!
USE THEM - they will be helpful!
Check out the following resources to better evaluate websites:
Train your eye and your fingers to employ a series of techniques that help you quickly find what you need to know about web pages; train your mind to think critically, even suspiciously, by asking a series of questions that will help you decide how much a web page is to be trusted.