Need the project guidelines? Download the document below:
Resources to Use - Online Library Catalog (Destiny)
- Fun features - shelf browse, advanced search, and citation creator.
- Remember to use your keywords! Be both creative and specific.
- This is history - remember the 900's are a great place to search (reference, DVDs, and non-fiction)!
Reliable Image Source
Use these databases!
- Remember to be creative with your searches! Don't just use the same words - think: "imperialism", "development", "expansion", etc.
- Don't forget to use quotes around a search phrase - "economic structure". The computer is only so good as the search you put in it - and you are smarter than a computer! You manipulating the computer = you getting better results.
The username and password are the same for both World Geography & Culture Online, Modern World History Online, History Reference Center, and Britannica School Edition - use the 6 letter abbreviation of the school. For Global Issues in Context, use the five numbers of Good Counsel's street address.
The number required for Biography in Context is Good Counsel's five-number street address on Old Vic Blvd.
How can I help?
Helpful Sites for Creating Citations
Provides helpful guides for writing papers in MLA format and contains information for creating bibliographies in a variety of disciplines and formats.
Don't forget Noodletools! You can start a new project to keep everything in one place. Ask Ms. Davis how to use it and how to sign up for a new username.
Check out the OLGCHS Library's citation help website! It has great examples and other helpful resources for citations.